3.18.2014

Artisan Wednesday WOW: A Look Back. . .

Welcome back to another Artisan Wednesday WOW blog hop! Today we are going to share in more detail our facebook projects.

Lately I have been looking back through some old photos and scrapbooks. It is always neat to see how things transform and change. People, places, styles, and even how we perceive the world around us. . . it all changes given time. Yet, there are always things that find their way back. . . like VELLUM! HAHAHA! I know this started out serious, but I SERIOUSLY was laughing at some of the scrapbook pages that I created back in the 90's when neon and vellum were so IN! (Don't worry, I won't torture you by subjecting your eyes to them!) Funny, BOTH vellum and neon are making a HUGE comeback! Though I have not yet been able to embrace the return of neon, I love that I am starting to use up my stash of vellum that I have been hoarding for the last 20 years! WOW, am I that old?! Forget I said that!

I also came across this beautiful photo of my mother taken on her honeymoon in Vancouver B.C. and decided to create a page to compliment the photo.


I wanted to mimic the soft blossoms in the picture, and what better way to do that than with vellum? I used the Pansy Punch to punch out several vellum flowers, then stitched them to the page using a curved pattern from the oval in the Occasions Paper-Peircing Pack. Yes, it is a lot of hand stitching! My hands were sure to let me know just how awful that was! But, I would do it again if I had to because I LOVE the result!


Oh, and of course I HAD to try the faux dip-dye technique that Donna Griffith showed us a few weeks back. . . check out her how-to video:


I used Donna's idea to dip-dye my tag and Tea Lace Paper Doily.


I saved myself the time of actually watercoloring the flowers by simply stamping them on the Watercolor Wonder DSP. Yes, again, cutting out the flower images after stamping them took some time. . . but well worth it!

Don't have a stash of vellum you've been hoarding for the last 20 years? Don't worry! It is still available to purchase!

Now, let's head In The Cat Cave!

http://www.inthecatcave.com/2014/03/aww-mar-3.html

Supplies used: Happy Watercolor stamp set; Whisper White and Vellum cardstock; Gold Foil Sheet; Canvas Creations; Watercolor Wonder DSP; Stazon Jet Black ink pad; Crisp Cantaloupe and Daffodil Delight Stampin' Write Markers; Crisp Cantaloupe ink refill; Tea Lace Paper Doilies; Natural Chevron Ribbon; Gold Sequin Trim; Gold Baker's Twine; Vintage Faceted Buttons; Scallops Embossing Folder; Pansy Punch; Hearts Collection Framelits; Occasions Paper-Piercing Pack; Paper-Piercing Tool; Stampin' Pierce Mat; Aqua Painter; Stampin' Spritzer; needle and thread.

4 comments:

  1. So beautiful! Love what you did here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great page Becky! I hadn't noticed the dip dye on your page or some of the other fun details that you shared here! Thanks for sharing the video too.. I had missed it before.. and here I thought I was clever dying my crepe paper the way I did! haha! And I'm with you on the sore hands are worth the result, that was how I felt with my topiary tree... and your page is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the white on white... and the stitching.. and the negative space. Fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this page and the simple prettiness of it...and of course love your mom too! Beautiful page!

    ReplyDelete