2.25.2014

Artisan Wednesday WOW: Love You to the Moon!

Welcome back to another Artisan Wednesday WOW blog hop! Are you enjoying yourself so far? I tell ya, these ladies never cease to amaze me! We hope to continue to inspire you, so be sure to stop by each of the 10 Artisan's blogs!

When junior was a baby, I wanted him to be reminded everyday just how much he is loved. We had some pictures of us holding him that we hung on the wall in his room, and a large vinyl phrase up above them that read “Love you to the moon and back again.” Everyday I would tell him this (which has over time expanded to him saying “I love you to the moon and back down to the earth and around and around and back up to the moon.” and I have expanded by responding with “well, I love you to the moon and back down then back up to the moon infinity times”). This has now become our “thing” to express to each other just how much we love each other, and that we will never stop.

 As you can imagine, I was quite giddy when I saw the Love You to The Moon stamp set in the Occasions Catalog. I just KNEW that I needed that set! Lucky me it showed up in our box this month! YAY! Here is the card I created to surprise my special little guy with some day (probably on a day when we are at odds and he is screaming at the top of his lungs how much he hates me, and that I am not his “real” mom. . . to which I will respond, “so, I am a fake mom? Huh. . . I sure feel real.” Then I will leave this card somewhere I know he will find, and it will tell him that no matter how angry he is at me, or how frustrated with him I get, I still love him to the moon and back again infinity times!

  
One thing I have been horrible at (besides apparently being a “real” mom), is keeping up on junior's scrapbook. My new years resolution (though late) is to get caught up and keep up. Scrapbooks are a great way to document a loved one's life, and in junior's case, to tell him his story and how we became a family. They are also a great expression of love. I wanted to use this sentiment, since it is our “thing”, and use pictures of us doing what we love to do most. . . just hangin' out, chatting about nonsense stuff, and being goofy! I actually created the page first, and then “lifted” the idea to create the coordinating card.
 


 
I know the page is a bit “involved”, (I don't plan on all of my pages being so intense, other wise I may never get caught up!) but I wanted this one to be special. You could very easily copy and simplify it like my friend and fellow demonstrator Janice Barlow did. She simplified my original idea by leaving some of the extra elements off and turned it into a two-page spread. Check out her rendition:

 
I was happy to be of inspiration to her, and I am flattered that she loved my idea enough to recreate it as a project for her stamp club members. Now they will have a fun page to add their precious little ones on too!

Ready to see what Cathy has to share? I always love her projects, plus I get a kick out of her verbiage! I can be in a rotten mood, then read one of her blog posts, and totally be laughing! Gotta love her! Let's head on In the Cat Cave!

http://www.inthecatcave.com/2014/02/aww-feb-4.html


Supplies used: Love You to the Moon and Simply Stars stamp sets; So Saffron, Night of Navy, Smokey Slate, Coastal Cabana, Whisper White, and Silver Glimmer cardstock; Kaleidoscope DSP; So Saffron, Crushed Curry, and Smokey Slate ink pads; Crushed Curry, Coastal Cabana, Night of Navy, Smokey Slate, and Basic Black Stampin' Write Markers; Blender Pens; Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz; Crushed Curry 3/4” Chevron Ribbon; Gold Baker's Twine; Basic Metal Buttons; Gold Sequin Trim; Arrows Textured Embossing Folder; other: needle and thread.

3 comments:

  1. Ohhh that's a nice post today Becks!! Super real...er... "for real"...errr.... seriously! I am sure you didn't think it was super funny but you will re: your son. My daughter has already started those charades! I lvoe this page and I love the blue with the gold. Its fantastic!!!!!! And super meaningful. Keep it up! Oh and glad I make you smile every now and then!! You are too sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a hard time believing that you aren't the best mom on the planet. You have so much love to give this little guy and it shows! This card and scrapbook pages are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing :) love all the fun element u added from stars to fish tail banners :) cool layout

    ReplyDelete